About Zebedia Mundowa
Academic Level Bachelor's Degree
Age 33 - 37 Years
As a highly skilled and experienced research, data analytics and actuarial professional, I strongly believe my experience and skills will add value to the Cassava Smartech Team.
For a cumulative 12 years, I have worked on various strategic projects involving navigating varying levels of complexity, stakeholder management, technical and commercial considerations for a group of companies in the financial services sector spanning Life & General Insurance and Microfinance. I have delivered on projects both independently and collaboratively, across areas that include actuarial, analytics, product development, marketing, finance, strategy and projects.
After 9 years of working in a technical actuarial function role, and 3 years in research and data analytics reporting to Group Marketing and Public Relations Director, I have deep, wide and well-rounded technical and business skills that I believe will add value to your team. My key strength that would support my success in the role includes;
- I have developed and influenced the Zimnat data analytics strategy, including target operating model and structure as
well as managing roll-out decks.
- I have led and influenced the design and implementation of an innovation capability framework for Zimnat, including creation of ideation platforms and contract/SLA negotiation with external partners
- I have led the conceptual design and supporting framework/strategies for monetisation of Customer 360 view analytic dashboards that incorporate predictive leading indicators, for use in targeted cross and up-selling, referral generation across the Group of companies.
- I have led the development of the Group data-sharing framework and partner agreements to allow for the development of tailored client propositions.
- I have led and delivered on various customer and market research operations under tight conditions and deadlines.
- I have worked on several Customer Value Propositions, concepts, new business models, business cases, project scoping and planning, and subsequent implementation as part of agile development team. This includes winning USD 1 million funding from AECF sponsored competition for Zimnat
Thank you for your consideration. I look forward to discussing with you this employment opportunity.
2018 - Present
Reporting to the Group Marketing & Public Relations Director, and serving the Zimnat Group companies (Zimnat General Insurance, Zimnat Life, Microfinance and Asset Management businesses), my role involves leading the transformation to an insights-driven organisation through the generation of insights, formulation and execution of strategies that help promote, generate, deliver and translate insights into relevant innovations, strategies and tactics for the business portfolios, including influencing the design and driving implementation of innovative programs, business case development, co-ordinating and synergistically working together with in-business development teams and other internal/external key partners in implementing the prioritised projects.
2011 - 2018
I have undertaken the following tasks under the guidance of Actuarial Services Manager (Internal)/Senior Actuary (Sanlam Emerging Markets): • Life assurance product development, pricing models, profitability measurement and company valuations • Short-term Insurance Product design (including micro-insurance products), pricing models, business plan and strategy development • Weather index insurance • Motor premium rating & profitability analysis – local and regional clients (Botswana, Nigeria and Uganda) • IBNR computations and analysis – local & regional clients • Experience investigations, Data analytics and insight synthesis • Leading, positively influencing, motivating, co-ordinating and reviewing work/activities of actuarial clerk, graduate trainee and interns • Participating in company and special projects strategy formulation and debates • Assisting Actuarial Services Manager in planning and execution of actuarial projects • Providing input to administration systems selection, configuration including actuarial user requirements specifications • Presentations to trustees/executive management/product development committee/actuarial committee • Provision of technical/advisory support to Microfinance subsidiary • Financial projections, product design, financing requirements structuring and strategy formulation • Participation in company valuation for negotiations with potential investors • Development of application tools • Coaching and capacity development of junior team members
2009 - 2011
I have undertaken the following tasks under the guidance of Actuarial Services Manager/Actuarial Consultant: • Expense analysis, unit pricing and mortality investigations • Motor insurance product pricing • Group Life Assurance pricing • Defined Contribution Pension Funds valuation • IBNR reserving for GLA and General Insurance products • Data analytics and special business and product development projects • Data checks and validations for actuarial valuations
2007 - 2008
Zimbabwe Actuarial Consultants
I have assisted in the following under the guidance of a Senior Actuarial Consultant: • Stochastic Asset-Liability Modelling and Monte-Carlo simulations in determination of fund building premium for the Deposit Protection Board of Zimbabwe • Mortality & lapse analysis • Actuarial valuation of a reinsurance company • Investment Performance Measurements & risk analysis