Career Level Officer
Experience 2 Years
Qualifications Bachelor's Degree
Cassava Smartech is looking for competent Regional Underwriters to join its Econet Insurance team. The main purpose of the role is to ensure that the risk accepted by the business is in line with the pricing basis and that correct pricing has been applied to ensure profitability.
- Obtains relevant information of the risk and the insured (KYC) that allows the company to know the insured, asses and price the risk correctly.
- Assesses the proposal forms for completeness and correctness of information.
- Calculates the extra premium for all policies with a special loading or a requested extension, after taking into account the risk profile of the applicants.
- Communicates the final underwriting position to the customer. Receives response from the client and update contract details accordingly in order to ensure sound data integrity for statistics, valuation and client servicing.
- Advance Renewal Listing- creating a list of policies due for renewal 6 weeks before the policy renewal is due.
- Adjustments of any policy terms and conditions per customer/portfolio in line with claims history, premium charges and market conditions.
- Ensures that the broker relationship is well managed and healthy for the business.
- Prepares the reinsurances returns, including the schedules and the premiums as required by the treaties.
- Conducts surveys and inspections locally and regionally with the help of Risk Engineer.
- Makes recommendations on underwriting policies, contract wording and terms of insurance products to ensure that they are in line with international best standard.
- Receives enquiries related to clients’ underwriting requirements from the sales team, agents and or brokers. Investigates and resolves them within 24 hours of receipt.
- Perform any other relevant duties as may be assigned from time to time.